Thursday 17 January 2019

End of 18

The last month of 2018 was a very eventful time for me and it made me think about my priorities and which way my live is suppose to go in 2019. One of the things I looked at was my photography or rather the lack off. I have been looking at all my different groups I am a member off and decided that it would be beneficial for myself to leave most of them so that I can concentrate more on my photography. 

However, while leaving groups on one hand I decided to re-start what was suppose to be a travel blog which I started way back in 2015. My goal for 2019 is to do one photography trip a month and write a bit of a blog about it. This is suppose to be for my own enjoyment first but I hope that other people will find it interesting and fun too. 

My start trip was in December 2018, and I went to Llyn Idwal / Llyn Ogwen. This is a location which I know inside out and have visited over and over again, especially when I have not done much photography for a while. Its always helps me to find my photography mojo again as the location gives me all the inspiration for photography that I need to get going again. 

Llyn Idwal is a small lake that is part of the Glyderau mountains of Snowdonia. According to legend its named after Prince Idwal Foel, gandson of King Rhodri Mawr or wales, who has been murdered by being drowned in the lake. How true that story is could be debated as facts claim the prince died in a battle. But the story sure gives the place a magical feel. 

Below are the three shots I like the most out of the 4 day stay in the area. The first shot shows the waterfall, which is right at the beginning of the walk up to Llyn Idwal. It was shot very early in the morning and I attempted to get the moon which was visible just above the falls. Although I got the shot it was not as inspiring as this one was without the moon in the shot. 


The next shot shows Llyn Ogwen, with its Boathouse at the end and Y-Garn mountain in the background. We had to climb over a wall to get to that location and although that was not much of a problem, the problem was to get back up the wall as it suddenly was much higher (dont ask). It was a bit fun to get back over. 


Lastly, a shot along the shore of Llyn Idwal. Its not really a shot I have done before but found the different composition very interesting. The two people walking at the end of the image gives scale to the location.

Well, I hope you enjoy these shots and my little write up about the place and why I took the images. I will endeavour to post one post every month, with my fave images from each trip.

Please get in touch and give me feedback on the images or what I am talking about to help me make the new blog more interesting and informative. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment